COLLISION IN DEERFIELD BEACH LEAVES ONE DEAD
- BSO Case Number: 10-1306-002411
- PIO Number: 13-6-13
- Date: 6/15/13
- Time: 5:43 p.m.
- Place of Occurrence: 1300 block of South Military Trail (at the Sawgrass Promenade)
- Jurisdiction: Deerfield Beach
- Jeffrey Hirt, 47, male, 11/4/65, 4055 NW 59 St., Coconut Creek (DECEASED)
- James Morin, 73, male, 11/10/39, Pompano Beach
Description of Incident:
A Coconut Creek resident died after his motorcycle collided with a vehicle Saturday afternoon in Deerfield Beach.
The incident took place around 5:45 p.m. in front of the Sawgrass Promenade on South Military Trail. A 2007 Honda, driven by James Morin, 73, was travelling northbound on South Military trail and got into the turning lane to make a left into the plaza. Motorcyclist Jeffrey Hirt, 47, was heading south on South Military Trail. When the Honda made the left turn, it got into the path of the approaching motorcycle and Hirt collided into the passenger side of the vehicle.
Broward Sheriff Fire Rescue transported Hirt to Broward Health North where he was pronounced dead.
BSO traffic homicide detectives continue their investigation.
- INVESTIGATORS: Dets. DeJesus and Wiley, Traffic Homicide; Deerfield Beach; Crime Scene
- THIS REPORT BY: Keyla Concepcion/PIO; 6/16/13 1000
Posted At: 06/16/2013 10:11 AM
Translate This Page: