News from BSO

BURN INJURY TO CHILD

BSO Case Number: BS02-04-0081
PIO Number: 02-4-5
Date: April 1, 2002
Time: 0720
Place of Occurrence: 700 NE 31 Street, Pompano Beach

Victim(s):

  • Kemar Ferguson, 15 months, 12/25/00, 700 NE 31 Street, Pompano Beach

Suspect(s):

Description of Incident:

BSO deputies responded this morning when a Pompano Beach toddler accidentally spilled boiling water on himself, sustaining serious burns.

The incident occurred at about 7:20 a.m. at the child’s home at 700 NE 31st Street. The child, Kemar Ferguson, was in the kitchen with his mother, Kimala Jackson, 25, and his uncle, Maurice Jackson, 23. The adults both told BSO deputies that Maurice Jackson had poured boiling water into a blue cup sitting on a countertop. The little boy reached up and pulled the cup off the counter, dousing himself with scalding water and suffering burns to his face, neck, chest and shoulder. 911 was called immediately, Kemar was treated by paramedics and was flown by BSO helicopter to Broward General Medical Center.

Deputies took statements from the adults and documented the scene with photographs. At this point, the injuries and evidence are consistent with an accidental burn injury.

INVESTIGATORS:
THIS REPORT BY: Dep. J. Tramonte, Lt. Manfre, Dist. 11 Jim Leljedal / PIO 4/1/02 1645

Print News Packet

Back to Current News

Translate This Page:

Translate This Page: