REMORSEFUL ARMED ROBBER APOLOGIZES PROFUSELY
- UPDATE: On January 11, detectives arrested Levon Supreme Hall in Pompano Beach thanks in part to tips generated by media coverage of the incident.
- BSO Case Number: 10-1512-001552
- PIO Number: 16-1-9a
- Date: December 9, 2015
- Time: 10:30 p.m.
- Place of Occurrence: 1462 S. Federal Highway, Deerfield Beach
- Jurisdiction: Deerfield Beach
- Little Caesars, 1462 S. Federal Highway, Deerfield Beach
- Levon Supreme Hall, 34, male, 11/15/81, 1698 N.W. 30 Ave., Pompano Beach (IN CUSTODY)
Description of Incident:
An angst-filled armed robber politely robbed a pizza take-out restaurant in Deerfield Beach stating he needed to buy Christmas presents for his kids. The crime was captured on the restaurant’s security video.
On the evening of December 9, an unidentified man holding a black handgun entered the Little Caesars restaurant located at 1462 S. Federal Highway in Deerfield Beach. In a tone described by witnesses as “very polite,” the man asked the restaurant clerk to open the safe and “please” give him the money. He then added that he was “sorry for doing this” but his “kids need Christmas.”
The employee opened the safe but found it empty. The gunman then asked her to open the registers. The clerk complied. The man placed the money from three registers into a black backpack he brought with him and fled the scene.
The suspect is described as a black male with a light complexion and a medium frame in his early 20s. He is about 5’8” tall and wore a dark gray sweatshirt with the word “Nike” in black letters, dark pants and black gloves. He had a gold grill on his teeth and a mustache.
Anyone with information is asked to contact BSO Detective David Agusti at 954-321-4332 or Broward Crime Stoppers, anonymously, at 954-493-TIPS (8477) or www.browardcrimestoppers.org. A reward of up to $3,000 is available for information leading to an arrest.
MEDIA NOTE: Clear surveillance video of the incident is attached to this news release on our website www.sheriff.org.
- INVESTIGATORS: Det. Agusti, Robbery; Deerfield Beach; Crime Scene
- THIS REPORT BY: Gina Carter/PIO 1/8/16 900
Posted At: 01/08/2016 08:45 AM
Translate This Page: