APPARENT DROWNING IN OAKLAND PARK
- BSO Case Number: OP02-04-4436
- PIO Number: 02-4-17
- Date: April 12, 2002
- Time: 5:30 am
- Place of Occurrence: 5200 NE 6th Avenue, Oakland Park
- Elderly white male (name withheld pending notification of next of kin)
Description of Incident:
Broward Sheriff’s Office homicide detectives are investigating the apparent drowning of an elderly man whose body was found in an Oakland Park swimming pool early the morning of April 12, 2002.
At approximately 5:30 am, a woman at the Embarcadaro condominiums at 5200 NE 6th Avenue in Oakland Park saw the body of a white male in the pool and called for help. BSO deputies arrived moments later and attempted CPR.
Residents had reported seeing the man near the pool nearly twelve hours earlier, but it is not yet clear when the man may have died. An autopsy is scheduled to determine the exact cause of death.
The Broward Sheriff’s Office continues its investigation of this case, but at this time, it does not appear suspicious.
- INVESTIGATORS: Det. R. Libman
- THIS REPORT BY: Hugh Graf / 7:00 am 4/12/02
Posted At: 04/12/2002 07:19 AM
Translate This Page: