BSO INVESTIGATES FATAL SHOOTING
ONE MAN KILLED, ANOTHER INJURED
- PIO Number: 14-8-6
- Case Number: 02-1408-00946
- Date: August 8, 2014
- Time: 10:57 p.m.
- Place of Occurrence: 46 N.W. 10 Ct., Dania Beach
- Jurisdiction: Dania Beach
- Brandon Jones, 19, 11/16/94, 1431 N.W. 15 Ave., Ft. Lauderdale (DECEASED)
- adult male, name withheld (INJURED)
Description of Incident:
Broward Sheriff’s Office homicide detectives are investigating the Friday night shooting of two men in front of a Dania Beach apartment building that left a 19-year-old dead and his friend in the hospital.
BSO deputies responded to a report of a shooting just before 11 p.m. at the Gulfstream Apartments. They arrived to find two men with gunshot wounds on the ground in front of the building. Broward Sheriff Fire Rescue transported them to Memorial Regional Hospital. Brandon Jones was pronounced dead later at the hospital, though his friend is expected to survive. Detectives are temporarily withholding his name and location for his protection.
Detectives are looking for the shooter. Anyone with information is asked to call BSO Det. Ricky Libman at (954) 321-4210 or report information anonymously to Crime Stoppers of Broward County at (954) 493-TIPS (8477) or online at www.browardcrimestoppers.org. Crime Stoppers will pay up to $3,000 for information that leads to an arrest.
- INVESTIGATORS: Dets. Libman, Curcio; Sgt. Ellwood; BSFR; BSO Crime Scene
- THIS REPORT BY: Dani Moschella/PIO 8/9/14 0750
Translate This Page: