”DON’T PLAY” PUNK ROBS GAS STATION
- BSO Case Number: DN02-02-2780
- PIO Number: 02-02-50
- Date: February 24, 2002
- Place of Occurrence: 4155 Griffin Road, Dania Beach
- Hess Gas Station, 4155 Griffin Road, Dania Beach
- Unknown black male, approximately 25-years old, 5-foot-7 to 5-foot-10, about 180-pounds, short hair, clean-shaven. May have been driving an older model white van.
Description of Incident:
A robber armed with a rather large handgun held up a Dania Beach gas station and Broward Sheriff's Office detectives are trying to track him down.
Just after 8:00 pm on Sunday, February 24, 2002, the hooligan hit the Hess station at 4155 Griffin Road. Menacing the clerk with a chrome-colored semi-automatic pistol, the crook told the clerk, “Give me all your money and don’t play”. The clerk complied, emptying his pockets of about $300.00.
Then, trying to buy himself more time to get away, the armed thug ripped the receiver from the gas station’s telephone, walked out the door, and sprinted to a wooded area behind the station. A witness later told Broward Sheriff's Office investigators that he had seen an old, white Chevy van parked near the wooded area around the time of the armed robbery.
The suspect is described as a black male, approximately 25-years old, 5-foot-7 to 5-foot-10, about 180-pounds, short hair, clean-shaven, last seen wearing a dark blue shirt with a yellow stripe and dark pants. Again, he may have been driving an old white Chevy van.
Anyone with information about this robbery might earn a $1,000.00 reward by calling Crime Stoppers at (954) 493-TIPS.
- INVESTIGATORS: Det. J. Donodio
- THIS REPORT BY: Hugh Graf / PIO 2/27/02 12:00 pm
- "DON'T PLAY" ROBBER - "DON'T PLAY" ROBBER
Translate This Page: