FATAL FIRE IN POMPANO BEACH
- BSO Case Number: PB07-07-10353
- PIO Number: 07-7-33
- Date: July 30, 2007
- Time: 2159
- Place of Occurrence: 114 Gardens Drive, #204, Pompano Beach
- Jurisdiction: Pompano Beach
- Neil Serpa, 51, 6/26/56, male, 114 Gardens Drive, #204, Pompano Beach (DECEASED)
Description of Incident:
A man died after being pulled from an apartment fire in Pompano Beach late Monday night.
At approximately 10 p.m., BSO deputies and Pompano Beach firefighters arrived at 114 Gardens Drive. As deputies approached the second floor apartment, they were forced back by thick, billowing smoke. Pompano Beach firefighters gained entry and removed 51-year-old Neil Serpa from the apartment. Serpa, who lived alone, was transported to North Ridge Medical Center where he later died. No other injuries were reported.
BSO homicide detectives continue to investigate Serpa’s death; however, foul play is not suspected at this time. An autopsy will be performed to determine the exact cause and manner of death.
For information regarding the cause of the fire and estimated damages, contact Pompano Beach Fire Rescue or the State Fire Marshal’s Office.
- INVESTIGATORS: Homicide Sgt. K. Kaminsky, RID & Homicide Det. T. Duggan, RID
- THIS REPORT BY: Veda Coleman-Wright/PIO Pompano Beach July 31, 2007 1035
Posted At: 07/31/2007 10:35 AM
Translate This Page: