ARMED ROBBERS SOUGHT
- BSO Case Number: OP01-056620
- PIO Number: 01-12-8
- Date: Dec. 4, 2001
- Time: 10:30 a.m.
- Place of Occurrence: Advance America, 135 E. Oakland Park Blvd., Oakland Park
- Advance America, 135 E. Oakland Park Blvd., Oakland Park
- 1. Unknown black male, still at large
- 2. Unknown Latin male, still at large
Description of Incident:
Broward Sheriff's Office Robbery detectives are asking the public for help in identifying two bold masked bandits who robbed an Oakland Park check cashing store at gunpoint on Tuesday.
The brazen hold-up occurred at 10:30 a.m. at “Advance America” at 135 East Oakland Park Boulevard. Two men, one of them black and the other Latin, entered through the front door wearing stocking masks. One of the men held his hand under his sweatshirt, motioning as if he was hold a handgun. The second suspect carried a large revolver, which was photographed by the store’s surveillance camera. Both suspects jumped over the counter and demanded money from employees, who complied with the robbers’ demands and handed over an undisclosed amount of cash.
After the robbery, the suspects fled the business on foot. A perimeter was established immediately and deputies scoured the area, but the suspects escaped capture.
Anyone with information is urged to contact the BSO Robbery Unit at (954) 321-4270 or CrimeStoppers, anonymously, at 493-TIPS.
Media note: a stop action, black and white video is available to be viewed at the BSO Media Relations Unit.
- THIS REPORT BY: Det. R. Kerr, CI Jim Leljedal / PIO Dep. S. Shofner (report) 12/5/01 1615