BSO RELEASES NAME OF MAN WHO DIED IN FIRE
DEATH IS DEEMED A HOMICIDE
- PIO Number: 13-12-10A
- Date: December 6, 2013
- Time: 8:37 p.m.
- Place of Occurrence: 5061 N.W. 41 St., Lauderdale Lakes
- Jurisdiction: Lauderdale Lakes
- Richard Reid, male, 18, 4/8/95, 5061 N.W. 41 St., Lauderdale Lakes (DECEASED)
Description of Incident:
Broward Sheriff’s Office detectives are investigating the death of an 18-year-old man found dead Friday night inside a smoldering Lauderdale Lakes home as a homicide. They said Richard Reid lived at the house.
Broward Sheriff Fire Rescue firefighters responded to the house fire just after 8:30 p.m. Friday. Once it was extinguished, they found the teenager's body inside. Homicide detectives have not said how Reid was killed, nor are they releasing other details about his death. The State Fire Marshal is investigating the cause of the fire.
Anyone with information about the incident can report it to BSO Detective Zack Scott at (954) 321-4210 or report information anonymously to Crime Stoppers of Broward County at (954) 493-TIPS (8477) or online at www.browardcrimestoppers.org.
- INVESTIGATORS: Homicide Det. Z. Scott, B. Tutler, Sgt. Champagne, CID; State Fire Marshal; BSFR; Crime Scene
- THIS REPORT BY: Dani Moschella/PIO 12/8/13 1430
Posted At: 12/08/2013 02:21 PM
Translate This Page: