DETECTIVES RELEASE NAME OF MAN FOUND IN OCEAN
- PIO Number: 14-5-19a
- Case Number: 90-1405-003537
- Date: May 25, 2014
- Time: 2:25 p.m.
- Place of Occurrence: Atlantic Ocean, a half mile offshore, northeast of the Dania Beach Pier
- Jurisdiction: Broward County
- David Lemonds, male, 4/9/66, 48, 3063 Champagne Drive, Aiken, S.C. (DECEASED)
Description of Incident:
Broward Sheriff's Office homicide detectives released the name of the man whose body was discovered Sunday afternoon by a fisherman in the ocean.
The Broward County Medical Examiner positively identified the remains of David Lemonds, 48, of Aiken, South Carolina. His body was found around 2:25 p.m. Sunday about a half mile offshore and northeast of the Dania Beach Pier. The angler immediately notified authorities. A BSO marine unit retrieved Lemond's body, which was clad in SCUBA gear and had a dive tank.
BSO marine unit deputies took his body to Port Everglades. BSO homicide detectives are investigating the death. The Broward County Medical Examiner's Office will determine cause and manner of death.
- INVESTIGATORS: Homicide Det. Tutler, Sgt. Champagne; BSO Marine Unit; USCG; FWC
- THIS REPORT BY: Dani Moschella/PIO 5/26/14 1530
Posted At: 05/26/2014 03:26 PM
Translate This Page: