MAN FALLS AND DROWNS IN NORTH LAUDERDALE CANAL
- BSO Case Number: NL12-2-1969
- PIO Number: 12-3-1
- Date: Feb. 29, 2012
- Time: 7:15 p.m.
- Place of Occurrence: 8013 SW 7 Pl., North Lauderdale
- Jurisdiction: North Lauderdale
- Mario Perez, 40, male, 1/14/72, 7601 SW 10 St., North Lauderdale
Description of Incident:
A Broward man was pronounced dead after falling into a North Lauderdale canal Wednesday night.
Mario Perez, 40, spent the day Wednesday, Feb. 29, drinking with his friend near the canal located behind the townhomes at 8013 SW 7 Place. Later that evening, at around 7 p.m., Perez’ friend contacted authorities alerting that Perez had fallen into the canal and had gone under water. The witness tried to help Perez, but he does not know how to swim.
Broward Sheriff’s Office deputies, Lauderhill Fire Rescue and Tamarac Fire Rescue responded to the scene to try to aid the victim. Lauderhill Fire Rescue's dive team located Perez under water and pulled him out. Tamarac Fire Rescue transported him to University Hospital where he was later pronounced dead.
- INVESTIGATORS: Det. Schroeder, CID Homicide; Crime Scene; North Lauderdale; Lauderhill Fire Rescue; Tamarac Fire Rescue
- THIS REPORT BY: Keyla Concepción/PIO 3/1/2012 1625
Translate This Page: