SERIAL ROBBERS STRIKE AGAIN BSO Warns Businesses to be on Alert
- BSO Case Number: several
- PIO Number: 02-1-16
- Date: see narrative
- Time: see narrative
- Place of Occurrence: see narrative
- see narrative
- 2 to 4 unidentified black males, medium build, between 20 – 30 years old, averaging 5’5” to 6’
Description of Incident:
While Broward Sheriff's Office Robbery detectives continue to seek the identity and whereabouts of a group of serial restaurant robbers, they are warning businesses to be on alert.
The unidentified black males are responsible for holding up restaurants in Lauderdale Lakes, North Lauderdale, Tamarac, Oakland Park and Pompano Beach. The armed thieves usually strike late at night, stealing cash and jewelry from employees and patrons.
BSO detectives are asking businesses, especially restaurants in Central and Northern Broward, to be-on-the-look-out for any suspicious activity. Since the thieves usually enter through an unlocked rear door, business owners and employees are encouraged to keep their rear doors locked and be very cautious of their surroundings when taking out the trash. The unidentified male suspects are believed to be responsible for the following eight robberies:
1. 12/2/01, Cooke’s Goose Restaurant, 3750 North State Road 7 in Lauderdale Lakes at 12:07 a.m., four suspects, one gun seen, cash & jewelry stolen. No injuries.
2. 12/16/01, China Duck, 4273 W. Commercial Blvd. in Tamarac at 9:35 p.m., two suspects, one gun seen, cash and jewelry stolen from employees. No injuries.
3. 12/17/01, Bangkok Palace, 4345 N. State Road 7 in Lauderdale Lakes at 10 p.m., two guns seen, and both suspects fled empty handed when a victim began to scream.
4. 12/31/01, Chine One, 1581 S. State Road 7 in North Lauderdale at 8:26 p.m., two armed suspects, one victim received a deep cut on her head, another victim was shot in his hand, suspects fled with a purse and wallets.
5. 1/6/02, Wings Plus, 87 W. Prospect Road in Oakland Park at 12:10 a.m., two suspects and two guns seen, cash, jewelry, and two bank deposit bags were taken. No injuries.
6. 1/6/02, Magic Wok, 301 W. Oakland Park Blvd. in Oakland Park at 10 p.m., both suspects fled after they were spotted near the rear door of the business by an employee.
7. 1/8/02, Walgreen Drug Store, 2152 W. Oakland Park Blvd. in Oakland Park at 10:36 p.m., two suspects fled with cash. No injuries.
8. 1/8/02, Cielito Lindo, 600 S. Dixie Highway in Pompano Beach at 10:55 p.m., two suspects fled with cash, credits cards and a cell phone. No injuries.
Anyone with information on the identity or whereabouts of the suspects is urged to call BSO Robbery Det. Lou Pugliese at (954) 321-4270 or call Broward Crime Stoppers, anonymously, at (954) 493-TIPS.
- INVESTIGATORS: Robbery Dets. L. Pugliese, J. Young, S. Sudman, & B. Kerr
- THIS REPORT BY: Veda Coleman-Wright/PIO
Translate This Page: