MAN FATALLY SHOT IN HIS CAR, BSO ARRESTS KILLER
- BSO Case Number: 90-1312-00066
- PIO Number: 13-12-3b
- Date: December 1, 2013
- Time: 8:46 p.m.
- Place of Occurrence: 2800 block of N.W. 4 St., unincorporated Fort Lauderdale
- Jurisdiction: Central Broward
- Johnny Ross, 45, male, 1/26/68, (DECEASED)
- Dan Gerard Holmes, 41, male, 2/5/72, 106 N.W. 28 Ter., Ft. Lauderdale (IN CUSTODY)
Description of Incident:
Broward Sheriff's Office homicide investigators arrested the man responsible for the death of a 45-year-old man who was found Sunday night with multiple gunshot wounds on the ground near his SUV.
Johnny Ross was shot in his 2006 Ford Expedition and drove to the 2800 block of Northwest 4 Street, where his vehicle hit a tree. Deputies received the call at 8:46 p.m. Broward Sheriff Fire Rescue transported him to Broward Health Medical Center, where he was pronounced dead a short time later.
BSO SWAT, Fugitive Unit and homicide detectives apprehended Dan Gerard Holmes, 41, Monday night at the intersection of I-95 and Broward Blvd. Holmes, a registered sex offender, will be charged with first degree murder.
Anyone with information is asked to report it to BSO Homicide Detective Kevin Forsberg at 954-321-4210 or report anonymous tips to Broward County Crime Stoppers at 954-493-TIPS (8477) or to www.browardcrimestoppers.org online.
- INVESTIGATORS: Homicide Det. Forsberg, Sgt. Champagne, CID
- THIS REPORT BY: Gina Carter/PIO BSFR, Crime Scene 12/3/13 1200
Translate This Page: