MURDER ON 441 – Suspect Sought
Posted At: 09/19/2002 02:23 PM
- BSO Case Number: LL02-9-868 (Updated)
- PIO Number: 02-9-31
- Date: September 9, 2002
- Time: 2056
- Place of Occurrence: 3400 block of State Road 7, Lauderdale Lakes
- Dameian “Troy” Dillion, 20, 5/1/82, male, 4967 NW 39 Street, Lauderdale Lakes (DECEASED)
- Kevin McFarlane, 25, 9/15/77, male, (AT LARGE)
- Christopher Steven Samuels, 19, 1/22/83, male, 6300 NW 23 Street, Sunrise (WANTED FOR QUESTIONING)
Description of Incident:
Broward Sheriff's Office homicide detectives have obtained an arrest warrant for a man in conjunction with the death of a Lauderdale Lakes man who was killed in a drive-by shooting on State Road 7 last week.
Kevin McFarlane, who detectives say is considered to be armed and dangerous, is wanted for the murder of Dameian “Troy” Dillion. McFarlane’s passenger, Christopher Steven Samuels, is wanted for questioning in the homicide.
On Monday, September 9th at approximately 9 p.m., the victim, Dillion, and a passenger were traveling north on 441 (a.k.a. State Road 7) when they noticed a vehicle approaching from behind with flashing headlights. Homicide detectives said as Dillion pulled into the right turning lane in front of the 7-Eleven, located in the 3400 block of State Road 7, the suspects’ vehicle stopped in the center northbound lane of 441. That’s when the fatal shot was fired into Dillion’s car.
McFarlane and Samuels fled the scene in a green 1995 Toyota Camry. While the passenger in Dillion’s 1995 gold colored Mazda 626 took control of the car and drove north to the parking lot entrance of the Stop and Shop, located at 3991 NW 41 Street, where he called for help.
Anyone with information on the whereabouts of McFarlane and Samuels is urged to call BSO Homicide Det. John Berrena at (954) 321-4210 or call Broward Crime Stoppers at (954) 493-TIPS. As always, a reward up to $1,000 is being offered for information leading to an arrest in this case.
- INVESTIGATORS: Sgt. J. Murray, Dets. J. Berrena, F. Ilarraza & R. Libman, CI
- THIS REPORT BY: Veda Coleman-Wright/PIO
Translate This Page: