MAN'S BODY FOUND BY FISHERMAN IN ATLANTIC OCEAN
- PIO Number: 14-5-19
- Case Number: 90-1405-003537
- Date: May 25, 2014
- Time: 2:25 p.m.
- Place of Occurrence: Atlantic Ocean, a half mile offshore, northeast of the Dania Beach Pier
- Jurisdiction: Broward County
- adult male, not yet identified (DECEASED)
Description of Incident:
A fisherman discovered the body of a man Sunday afternoon floating in the ocean about a half mile offshore and immediately notified authorities. A Broward Sheriff's Office marine unit retrieved the body, which was clad in SCUBA gear and had a dive tank.
The incident happened around 2:25 p.m. BSO marine unit deputies took the man's body to Port Everglades. BSO homicide detectives are investigating the death. The Broward County Medical Examiner's Office will positively identify the remains and determine cause and manner of death.
- INVESTIGATORS: Homicide Det. Tutler, Sgt. Champagne; BSO Marine Unit; USCG; FWC
- THIS REPORT BY: Dani Moschella/PIO 5/26/14 1230
Posted At: 05/26/2014 11:26 AM
Translate This Page: