DEERFIELD SHOOTING LEAVES ONE DEAD,ONE INJURED
- Updated: 8/11/01 11:28:30 AM
- BSO Case Number: DR01-08-1992
- PIO Number: 01-8-14
- Date: August 10, 2001
- Time: 2352
- Place of Occurrence: 4802 NE 2nd Avenue, Deerfield Beach
- John Fabela, 29, 3/1/72, male, 4802 NE 2nd Avenue, Deerfield Beach (DECEASED)
- John Arana, 22, 3/14/79, male, 4802 NE 2nd Avenue, Deerfield Beach
Description of Incident:
One man is dead, another critically injured after both were shot inside a Deerfield Beach mobile home shortly before midnight Friday.
BSO Homicide detectives say Fabela’s mother, Patricia Christie, called 911 to report shots fired inside her home. She was in the bedroom at the time the shooting occurred. Both victims were immediately transported to North Broward Medical Center. Fabela died of his injuries at 4:50 AM. Arana is in critical but stable condition.
Fabela and Arana are self-employed carpet layers and are related. Arana had been staying at the home in the Highland Village Retirement Community for the past week.
Detectives don’t yet know the motive for the shooting, and think there could be two suspects. The suspects are described as black males in their late 20s. One is approximately 5’8”, and the other is approximately 6’ tall. One of the suspects may have been badly injured during the shooting, and may be seeking medical attention at an area hospital or doctor’s office.
Anyone with information about the injured suspect, or the shooting, is urged to call the Broward Sheriff’s Office at (954) 765-4321 or Broward County Crime Stoppers anonymously at (954) 493-TIPS.
- INVESTIGATORS: Sgt. R. O'Neil, Det. F. Ilarraza, Homicide. Media Relations: Cheryl Stopnick
Translate This Page: