BSO LOOKING AT TWO MURDERS IN TWO COUNTIES
- BSO Case Number: PB02-06-07420
- PIO Number: 02-6-30
- Date: June 19, 2002
- Place of Occurrence: 1200 N. Ocean Boulevard, #402, Pompano Beach
- Philippe Michel Nicolas, 51, 2/12/51, 1200 N. Ocean Blvd., #402, Pompano Beach
- None at this time
Description of Incident:
Broward Sheriff's Office Homicide detectives are talking to Aventura Police to see if there is any connection between the murders of a Pompano Beach man nearly two weeks ago and an Aventura man last year.
Fifty-one year old Philippe Michel Nicolas of Pompano Beach was found murdered in his apartment at the Tropics Resort, 1200 North Ocean Boulevard, on the morning of June 19, 2002. Based on clues, BSO investigators believe that Mr. Nicolas was killed late in the evening of June 12th or early the morning of June 13th. The last time anyone saw Nicolas alive was late the afternoon of June 12th at a Plantation restaurant. The wealthy investor’s silver Porsche Boxter was found set aflame in the 3100 block of Gateway Boulevard at about 1:30 the next morning.
The body of Aventura resident Irving Sicherer was found in his apartment on July 25, 2001. Police have been looking for the elderly man’s killer ever since.
Both victims had been murdered in their apartment, both had driven a sports car that had been stolen, both men had had their Rolex wristwatch stolen, both lived an alternative lifestyle and were frequently seen in the company of young, white men.
Investigators are not saying that the same person murdered Messrs. Nicolas and Sicherer. They are merely looking into any similarities between the two cases.
A reward of up to $1,000.00 may be available for information on both cases. Broward Sheriff's Office investigators are asking anyone with information about Philippe Michel Nicolas or his murder to contact Crime Stoppers at (954) 493-TIPS or BSO Homicide detectives at
(954) 321-4210. Anyone with information on the death of Irving Sicherer should contact Aventura authorities at (305) 466-8989, extension 8129.
- INVESTIGATORS: Sgt. R. Oneil, Det. G. Bukata & Det. E. Thomasevich
- THIS REPORT BY: Hugh Graf / PIO 6/26/02 5:00 p.m.
- Philippe Michel Nicolas - Philippe Michel Nicolas
Translate This Page: