FISHERMEN FIND MISSING MAN IN C-14 CANAL
- BSO Case Number: TM12-10-0510
- PIO Number: 12-10-4
- Date: October 5, 2012
- Time: 8:46 a.m.
- Place of Occurrence: 8400 block Southgate Boulevard, Tamarac
- Jurisdiction: Tamarac
- Sean Glenn, 35, male, 02/02/77, Tamarac (DECEASED)
Description of Incident:
A Tamarac man reported missing just days earlier was found floating in a canal bordering Coral Springs and Tamarac Friday morning.
Around 8 a.m., two fishermen launched their boat from Riverside Park, in the southwest corner of Coral Springs. As they were trolling east in the C-14 canal, they spotted what appeared to be a body floating near the northern canal bank in the area adjacent to the 8400 block of Southgate Boulevard. They called 9-1-1 and initially, Coral Springs police and fire departments responded, followed by Broward Sheriff’s Office units.
Friday afternoon, BSO homicide and missing persons detectives confirmed the identity of the victim as Sean Glenn, 35, of Tamarac. Glenn was reported missing on October 1 by his wife.
The body was transported to the Broward County Medical Examiner’s Office to determine the cause and manner of death. Broward Sheriff’s Office Homicide Unit detectives do not suspect foul play.
- INVESTIGATORS: D-7, CSPD, CSFD, TFR, BSO Homicide, Crime Scene, Marine Unit 10/05/12 1700 Missing Persons, Dets. Forsberg, Blankenship
- THIS REPORT BY: Mike Jachles/PIO 10/05/12 1700
Posted At: 10/05/2012 04:58 PM
Translate This Page: