BSO SEEKS TO I-D BANK ROBBER New Photos of Suspect Released – Reward Offered for Information
- BSO Case Number: LS02-08-362
- PIO Number: 02-8-49
- Date: August 21, 2002
- Place of Occurrence: 221 E. Commercial Blvd., Lauderdale-By-The-Sea
- Sun Trust Bank, 221 E. Commercial Blvd., Lauderdale-By-The-Sea
- Unidentified white male, between the ages of 25 and 35, approximately 5-foot-8, 260 lbs., dark hair, goatee, wearing a blue baseball cap and a gold chain around his neck.
Description of Incident:
Broward Sheriff's Office Robbery detectives are releasing new photos of a suspect who robbed a Lauderdale-By-The-Sea bank earlier this week. Investigators hope the latest surveillance photos will help them capture the criminal.
Shortly after 1:00 p.m. on Wednesday, August 21, 2002, the criminal walked into the Sun Trust Bank at 221 E. Commercial Boulevard. He handed the teller a robbery note and told the teller that he was robbing the bank.
The bank employee handed over an undisclosed amount of cash and the thief fled the scene. The robbery took about two minutes and no weapon was displayed.
BSO detectives, working with the Federal Bureau of Investigation, are asking anyone with information on the identity of the robber or on this crime to come forward. The new surveillance photos of the suspect are attached to this news release on our website at www.sheriff.org.
There is a reward of up to $1,000.00 for anonymous information leading to the arrest of this bank robber. Anyone with information should call Crime Stoppers at
- INVESTIGATORS: Dets. L. Pugliese & L. Crew, CI
- THIS REPORT BY: Hugh Graf / PIO 8/23/02 4:30 p.m.
Translate This Page: