ONE DEAD, TWO CRITICAL IN POMPANO BEACH CRASH
SUSPENDED DRIVER FACES MULTIPLE CHARGES
- BSO Case Number: PB12-01-06513
- PIO Number: 12-1-17
- Date: January 24, 2011
- Time: 12:35 a.m.
- Place of Occurrence: 800 block West Atlantic Boulevard, Pompano Beach
- Jurisdiction: Pompano Beach
- Mary Hart, 22, female, 07/31/89, Miami (DECEASED)
- Rudolf Georgeon, 24, male, 05/17/87, North Miami Beach (HOSPITALIZED)
- Lori Bardol, 35, female, 06/30/76, Coral Springs (HOSPITALIZED)
- Jason Dana Morgan, 37, male, 07/26/74, 3205 NE 8 Ct. #C2, Pompano Beach (IN CUSTODY)
Description of Incident:
A Miami woman was killed and two others critically injured following an early morning crash on Atlantic Boulevard in Pompano Beach.
At 12:35 a.m., Broward Sheriff’s Office deputies and Pompano Beach Fire Rescue were dispatched to the 800 block of West Atlantic Boulevard after an SUV T-boned a passenger car. An eastbound 2007 Lexus SUV, driven by Jason Morgan, 37, of Pompano Beach struck the driver’s side of a 2000 Honda Accord, driven by Mary Hart, 22, of Miami. Hart was exiting the northbound off-ramp from Interstate 95 onto Atlantic Boulevard when her car was struck by Morgan’s car.
Hart’s passenger, Rudolf Georgeon, 24, of North Miami Beach, and Morgan’s passenger, Lori Bardol, 35, of Coral Springs, were transported by Pompano Beach Fire Rescue to North Broward Medical Center with critical injuries. Hart was pronounced dead on the scene by paramedics.
Morgan was charged with one count of DUI manslaughter, two counts each of DUI with serious bodily injury and DUI causing property damage and one count of driving with a suspended license. He is being held in the BSO Main Jail in Ft. Lauderdale as of this release. BSO Traffic Homicide Unit detectives are asking that anyone who may have witnessed the crash to call BSO Traffic Homicide Unit Det. Carlos DeJesus at 954-321-4840 or Broward Crime Stoppers, anonymously, at 954-493-TIPS (8477), or online at www.browardcrimestoppers.org.
- INVESTIGATORS: D-11, THI, PBFR, Sgt. Akers
- THIS REPORT BY: Mike Jachles/PIO 01/24/12 1500