STUDENTS INJURED IN CRASH
- BSO Case Number: TM01-10-3927
- PIO Number: 01-10-42
- Date: October 31, 2001
- Time: 0807
- Place of Occurrence: Westbound lanes of Northwest 80th street at 108th Avenue, Tamarac.
- John Allagreen, 13-years old, 8011 NW 107th Terrace, Tamarac
- Steven Schwartz, 12-years old, 7361 Grandville Drive, Tamarac
- Eldiv Vernlus, 45-years old,
- Volvick Cherisma, ( adult/age unknown)
- Blanchard Quettant, DOB 4/1/68
- 150 NW 107th Terrace, Pompano Beach, FL 33064
Description of Incident:
Two Silver Lakes Middle School students received minor injuries this morning after the school bus in which they were riding was struck by one of two landscaping trucks involved in a collision.
Two passengers in one of the landscaping trucks owned by Complete Property Maintenance of 4101 Vinkemulder Road in Coconut Creek were seriously injured.
The school bus was westbound in the outside lane of Northwest 80th street at 108th Avenue in Tamarac and slowed for a bend in the road. Both Landscaping trucks were westbound on the same road in the inside lane, one behind the other. When the school bus slowed, so did the lead landscaping truck. The second truck did not slow and struck the lead truck, pushing it into the school bus.
Those injured include: John Alagreen and Steven Schwartz, who were riding on the school bus. Both were taken to Coral Springs Medical Center. Their injuries are considered minor. Volvick Cherisma and Eldiv Vernelus, who were riding in the second landscaping truck, received serious injuries. They were taken to North Broward Medical Center. Twelve other passengers from the two landscaping trucks also complained of injuries and were hospitalized for treatment.
The driver of the second landscaping truck, Blanchard Quettant, 33, was cited for special hazards and for speed too fast for conditions.
- INVESTIGATORS: Deputy Hanlon/Dist. 7
- THIS REPORT BY: Hugh Graf/ PIO 10/31/01 12:00pm