TIME RUNS OUT FOR PARKING METER MENACE
- PIO Number: 02-01-47 BSO Case Numbers: LS02-01-00276, LS02-01-00378, & LS02-01-00440 Dates: Various between late November 2001 and January 24, 2002 Places of Occurrence: Various areas in Hollywood, Ft. Lauderdale, Lauderdale-By-The-Sea, and Pompano Beach
- Hollywood, Ft. Lauderdale, Lauderdale-By-The-Sea, Pompano Beach, and the
- people of south Florida
- Herbert Raysin, 32, 2/9/69, 4265 NW 5th Ave., Oakland Park, FL 33309
Description of Incident:
The crime spree of an Oakland Park man with a penchant for parking meters has expired.
Broward Sheriff's Office investigators are charging 32-year old Herbert Raysin of 4265 NW 5th Avenue, Oakland Park with numerous counts of theft after he confessed to stealing nearly
150 parking meters from areas throughout south Florida.
In late November 2001, Raysin reportedly began using a pipe cutter to remove parking meters from their poles.
The meter menace confessed to stealing 144 parking meters from Hollywood, Ft. Lauderdale, Lauderdale-By-The-Sea, and Pompano Beach until his arrest on January 24, 2002.
With each meter valued at approximately $300.00 and each device capable of holding as much as $40.00 in change, Raysin’s run of thievery caused nearly $49,000.00 worth of damage and lost revenue.
Raysin, arrested previously for stealing, is being held without bond for violating his parole, and faces grand theft charges.
- INVESTIGATORS: Dep. D. Buckingham Det. J. Corpion Dep. R. Long Det. T. Watkins
- THIS REPORT BY: Hugh Graf/PIO 1/31/02 1:00 pm
Translate This Page: