MOTORCYCLE/PEDESTRIAN FATALITY (Updated)
- BSO Case Number: PB01-11-01313 (Updated)
- PIO Number: 01-11-13
- Date: November 3, 2001
- Time: 1854
- Place of Occurrence: 3000 block of West Atlantic Boulevard, Pompano Beach
- Dali Rodriguez, 31, 5/28/70, male, 11832 NW 11 Court, Coral Springs (DECEASED)
- Nicholas Flippen, 20, 8/23/81, male, 3700 NW 23 Court, Coconut Creek (DECEASED)
- Nicholas Brown, male, 1580 West River Drive, Margate
Description of Incident:
A second victim, involved in a fatal motorcycle accident Saturday night in Pompano Beach, has died.
Nicholas Flippen, 20, of Coconut Creek, died about 10:30 Thursday morning at North Broward Medical Center. Flippen was transported to the hospital in critical condition after he struck and killed Dali Rodriguez around 7 p.m. on November 3rd, in the 3000 block of West Atlantic Boulevard. Rodriguez was standing in a westbound lane of Atlantic Boulevard when Flippen tried to avoid him. Rodriguez died at the scene.
Flippen’s passenger, Nicholas Brown, was also treated for minor injuries.
BSO’s Dist. 11 (Pompano Beach) Traffic Homicide detectives will continue to investigate the circumstances surrounding this accident. Anyone who may have witnessed the fatal impact is asked to call the Broward Sheriff’s Office at (954) 786-4200 or call Crime Stoppers at (954) 493-TIPS.
- INVESTIGATORS: Dist. 11 Det. M. Powell, THI
- THIS REPORT BY: Veda Coleman-Wright/PIO
Translate This Page: