COMELY CON ARTIST SURRENDERS
- BSO Case Number: PB13-05-03894
- PIO Number: 14-3-8 (14-2-12)
- Date: November 2012 – February 2013
- Time: n/a
- Place of Occurrence: Broward County
- Jurisdiction: Broward County
- Clifford Rogerson, male, 86, Pompano Beach
- Gina Marks, a.k.a. Gina Diprima or Amanda Gina Marks, female, 26, 10/23/87, 20789 Del Luna Dr., Boca Raton
Description of Incident:
The 26-year-old woman who disappeared after borrowing $20,000 from her 85-year-old victim surrendered Tuesday afternoon at the Broward County courthouse.
Broward Sheriff’s Office Economic Crimes Unit detectives say Gina Marks told her victim that she loved him and wanted to travel the world with him before taking more than $20,000 from him. Detectives say Marks befriended Clifford Rogerson around Nov. 30, 2012 at a Pompano Beach Walgreens. He loaned her $1 when she was short at the register. She asked for his name and phone number, and their relationship began.
The two held hands, kissed and regularly dined together. He began lending her money, which Marks promised to repay in February after the sale of her father’s business. But when Rogerson’s retirement account dissipated, she disappeared. He last heard from her in mid-February 2013, when she called from a blocked number and told him she no longer had a cell phone. Over the course of three months, he lent her more than $20,000. Rogerson reported the crime to BSO in May 2013.
Marks was charged with grand theft and exploitation of the elderly.
- INVESTIGATORS: ECU Det. Scott Stone, Sgt. Weir, CID
- THIS REPORT BY: Dani Moschella/PIO 3/27/14 1230
Translate This Page: