ONE PERSON KILLED, TWO INJURED IN POMPANO BEACH CRASH
- BSO Case Number: 11-1402-03823
- PIO Number: 14-2-19
- Date: February 14, 2014
- Time: 5:52 p.m.
- Jurisdiction: Pompano Beach
- Place of Occurrence: 2300 S.W. 3 St., Pompano Beach
- Vehicle #1: Frank Cicero, male, 1/8/72, 42, 430 N.E. 1st Ave., Pompano Beach (INJURED)
- Vehicle #2: Louis Fisher, male, 6/21/36, 77, 1043 Hillsboro Mile #14-C, Hillsboro (INJURED)
- Barbara Fisher, female, 1/31/37, 77, 1043 Hillsboro Mile #14-C, Hillsboro (DECEASED)
Description of Incident:
A 77-year-old Hillsboro woman suffered fatal injuries in a Valentine’s Day crash in Pompano Beach that injured her husband and another driver.
The crash happened at 5:52 p.m. in the 2300 block of Southwest 3 Street in Pompano Beach. Barbara Fisher was a passenger in a 2013 Chrysler 300 driven by her husband, Louis Fisher, 77. They were southbound in the intersection of Southwest 3 Street and Southwest 23 Avenue when the passenger side of their vehicle was hit by a 2013 Dodge Ram. After the initial collision, there was a second, minor collision between the Chrysler and a BMW that had been stopped at the light.
Pompano Beach Fire Rescue responded and transported the Fishers and the driver of the Ram,
42-year-old Frank Cicero of Pompano Beach, to Broward Health North. Barbara Fisher died overnight at the hospital. Her husband’s is still hospitalized with non-life-threatening injuries. Cicero was treated Friday night and released.
None of the drivers appeared to be impaired. Both of the Fishers were wearing their seatbelts. Cicero was not. The crash is still under investigation by Broward Sheriff’s Office Traffic Homicide Unit.
- INVESTIGATORS: THI Det. Wiley, Kelliher, Lt. Akers; Pompano Beach Fire Rescue
- THIS REPORT BY: Dani Moschella/PIO 2/15/14 1645
Posted At: 02/15/2014 04:43 PM
Translate This Page: