DROP-BOX RAIDER ARRESTED
- BSO Case Number: 12-1401-000350
- PIO Number: 14-3-10 (14-1-16)
- Date: January 4, 2014
- Time: 5:06 a.m.
- Place of Occurrence: 95 N.E. 41 St., Oakland Park
- Jurisdiction: Oakland Park
- Courts at Oakland Park, 95 N.E. 41 St., Oakland Park
- Feirious Tanner, 25, male, 2/24/1989, 1802 S.W. 1 Ct., Deerfield Beach
Description of Incident:
Broward Sheriff’s Office detectives arrested a man with a long criminal history for a series of rent check thefts throughout the county.
Feirious Tanner, a 25 year-old with an extensive criminal history, was arrested on March 3 for the burglaries he committed in Oakland Park and North Lauderdale earlier in the year. Tanner confessed to the crimes and will be charged with two counts of burglary, criminal mischief and grand theft.
At 5 a.m. on January 4, the surveillance cameras at Courts at Oakland Park apartments captured a man lurking around the rental office. He smashed the window on the front door of the office but did not enter the premises. Instead the burglar attempted to fish out checks and money orders deposited in the office’s drop-box. Although the man was not able to steal any checks in this instance, he is believed to have been more successful committing similar crimes at other rental offices throughout the county.
***MEDIA NOTE: A clear video and sketch is available for download at www.sheriff.org.
- INVESTIGATORS: BSO Det. Chris Caldwell, D12/CI
- THIS REPORT BY: Gina Carter/PIO 3/7/2014 1500
Translate This Page: