UPDATE ON SUSPECT WOUNDED BY BSO DEPUTY
- BSO Case Number: BS12-05-143
- PIO Number: 12-5-2(a)
- Date: May 2, 2012
- Time: 9:52 a.m.
- Place of Occurrence: 23 Avenue near Forrest Street, Hollywood
- Jurisdiction: other jurisdiction
- State of Florida
- Deputy Nick Masters, Broward Sheriff’s Office
- Frederick Funchess, 26, 1/23/86, male, 2717 SW 9 St., Ft. Lauderdale (hospitalized)
Description of Incident:
The Broward Sheriff’s Office is releasing the names of those involved in a deputy-involved shooting in Hollywood last week.
The suspect who was shot and wounded is Frederick Funchess, 26, of Fort Lauderdale.
The detective who shot Funchess is Deputy Nick Masters, 28, an eight-year BSO veteran. He has been returned to active duty.
Funchess has been charged with Aggravated Assault on a Law Enforcement Officer, Reckless Driving, Operating Without a Valid Driver License, and Fleeing and Eluding Police. He was treated at Memorial Regional Hospital in Hollywood and was released from custody on bonds totaling $7,625.
Funchess’ passenger, Ken Cadet, DOB 3/6/88, was questioned by detectives and was not charged.
- THIS REPORT BY: Det. S. Schroeder, Lt. R. O’Neil Jim Leljedal / PIO 5/7/12 1630
Posted At: 05/07/2012 04:41 PM
Translate This Page: