SINGLE-VEHICLE CRASH CLAIMS LIFE OF DRIVER
- BSO Case Number: 08-1402-00901
- PIO Number: 14-2-18
- Date: February 15, 2014
- Time: 7:41 a.m.
- Place of Occurrence: U.S. 27 at mile marker 28, Weston
- Jurisdiction: Weston
- Juan Aranda-Villegas, male, 12/15/67, 46, 729 Ave. R, Moore Haven (DECEASED)
Description of Incident:
The 46-year-old driver of a Ford Ranger that drifted off U.S. 27 Saturday morning and then rolled several times was killed in the crash.
Broward Sheriff’s Office traffic homicide investigators say it’s unclear why the driver left the highway as he was heading southbound just north of Griffin Road around 7:40 a.m. His 2002 Ranger went into the swale, then eventually began to roll several times, landing about 125 feet from the where the truck initially left the road.
Davie Fire Rescue responded and pronounced him dead at the scene. Investigators do not believe the driver was speeding.
- INVESTIGATORS: THI Det. Wiley, Kelliher, Lt. Akers; Davie Fire Rescue
- THIS REPORT BY: Dani Moschella/PIO 2/15/14 1545
Translate This Page: