SIBLING FEUD ENDS WITH MURDER
- BSO Case Number: 11-1706-001708
- PIO Number: 17-6-6
- Date: 6/6/17
- Time: 10:03 p.m.
- Place of Occurrence: 111 S.W. 14th Court, #B, Pompano Beach
- Jurisdiction: Pompano Beach
- Jermaine Joyner, 24, male, 8/29/92, 111 S.W. 14th Court, #B, Pompano Beach (DECEASED)
- Micheal Canning, 27, male, 10/13/89, 111 S.W. 14th Court, #B, Pompano Beach (IN CUSTODY)
Description of Incident:
A feud between brothers turned violent and deadly when one of them pulled out a knife Tuesday night in Pompano Beach.
Micheal Canning, 27, and his stepbrother, Jermaine Joyner, 24, got into an argument over drugs at the home they shared with their uncle in Pompano Beach. Canning took out a knife and resolved the matter by stabbing Joyner multiple times. Canning remained on scene and surrendered to responding deputies. Pompano Beach Fire Rescue transported Joyner to Broward Health North where he was pronounced dead.
Canning will be booked into the BSO Main Jail facing one charge of murder.
The Homicide Unit and Crime Scene Unit are investigating.
INVESTIGATORS: Det. Roque & Perez, CID Homicide
THIS REPORT BY: Keyla Concepción/PIO 6/7/17 1535
Posted At: 06/07/2017 03:34 PM
Translate This Page: