IDENTITIES RELEASED IN POMPANO BEACH MURDER/SUICIDE
- BSO Case Number: PB12-05-1298
- PIO Number: 12-5-9A
- Date: 5/5/2012
- Time: 9:51 a.m.
- Place of Occurrence: Walmart, 2300 W. Atlantic Blvd., Pompano Beach
- Jurisdiction: Pompano Beach
- Melissa D. Kaehler, 35, female, 10/6/76, 3371 SW 16 St., Ft. Lauderdale (DECEASED)
- Stephen K. Bradley, 27, male, 9/12/84, 1450 NW 66 Terr., Margate (DECEASED)
Description of Incident:
Broward Sheriff’s Office homicide detectives are releasing the identities of the man and woman involved in a murder/suicide this past weekend.
Shortly before 10 a.m. on Saturday, May 5, BSO dispatch received a call alerting deputies that a woman had been found dead inside a car in the parking lot of the Walmart in Pompano Beach. Responding deputies confirmed 35-year-old Melissa Kaehler had been shot inside a dark color, four-door sedan.
At around the same time, Coral Springs Police officers responded to a call of a body found floating in a canal. When officers arrived at the canal at 9904 Twin Lakes Drive, they found the body of a man and a suicide note detailing what he had done. The man, identified as 27-year-old Stephen Bradley, also died of a gunshot wound.
BSO detectives have confirmed the suspect and the victim were involved in a relationship that had recently ended. Investigators believe Bradley killed Kaehler at the Pompano Beach location and later killed himself in Coral Springs.
- INVESTIGATORS: Det. Berrena & Sgt. Feeley, CID Homicide; Pompano Beach; Coral Springs Police Department
- THIS REPORT BY: Keyla Concepcion/PIO; 5/7/12 1300