DEADLY CONFRONTATION BETWEEN NEWSPAPER VENDORS
Posted At: 04/17/2002 03:12 PM
- BSO Case Number: PB02-04-6448 (UPDATED)
- PIO Number: 02-4-30
- Date: April 16, 2002
- Time: 1137
- Place of Occurrence: 3573 North Federal Highway, Pompano Beach
- Jack Rice, 45, 7/11/56, male, no known address (DECEASED)
- Douglas J. Williamson, 39, 8/28/62, male, 4080 N. Federal Highway, Lighthouse Point
Description of Incident:
A Pompano Beach man, who was arrested Tuesday, faces one count of open murder, after a fight with a co-worker over a mutual girlfriend ended in death.
Around 11:30 Tuesday morning, BSO Dep. Michael Lord saw the two adult males involved in a physical altercation in the parking lot of Walgreens, located at 3573 North Federal Highway.
Jack Rice was transported to North Broward Medical Center, where he was pronounced dead at 12:20 p.m. The suspect, 39-year-old Douglas Williamson, also known as Maddog, was taken into custody at the scene. According to Williamson, he and Rice were fighting over a mutual girlfriend. BSO homicide detectives said the argument had been going on for about two months.
Following an autopsy, the Broward County Medical Examiner’s Office determined Rice died from asphyxiation by compression of the neck and the manner is homicide.
Williamson remains on a no bond hold at the BSO’s Main Jail.
- INVESTIGATORS: Sgt. B. O’Neil, Det. T. Duggan & Det. E. Thomasevich
- THIS REPORT BY: Veda Coleman-Wright/PIO
- Photo of Suspect - Suspect Douglas Williamson
Translate This Page: