OAKLAND PARK HOMICIDE (UPDATE) Two Suspects in Custody One Still At Large
- Updated: 7/17/01 12:19:14 PM
- BSO Case Number: OP01-07-27114 (UPDATED)
- PIO Number: 01-7-32
- Date: July 16, 2001
- Time: 8:22 a.m.
- Place of Occurrence: 1861 NW 27 Street, Oakland Park
- Charles “Chuck” Conley, 48, 6/4/53, 1861 NW 27 Street, Oakland Park (DECEASED)
- Anthony Bryan a.k.a Anthony Byrant, 1/6/78, male (In custody in NY)
- Tenisha L. Cannon, 10/15/82, female (At Large)
- Tyrone Blash, 8/7/75, male (In custody in NY)
Description of Incident:
Two suspects wanted for questioning, in the murder of an Oakland Park man whose body was found by a co-worker early Monday morning, are in custody in New York. The female suspect is still at large.
After Broward Sheriff's Office homicide detectives notified other law enforcement agencies to be-on-the-look-out for the three suspects traveling in a stolen Toyota Avalon and stolen Chevrolet Camaro, New York police officers spotted the black 4-door Avalon with Florida tag J9825G and attempted to make a traffic stop. Anthony Bryan and Tyrone Blash were eventually taken into custody. One suspect was transported to the hospital. While the other suspect was taken to Precinct number 77 in Brooklyn. The NYPD notified BSO of the apprehension Monday night. BSO homicide detectives left for New York Tuesday morning to question the suspects.
Charles Conley’s body was discovered Monday morning when Eric Jenkins arrived at Conley’s home, located at 1861 NW 27 Street, shortly after 8 a.m. to check on him. Once inside, Jenkins found Conley deceased inside the house. Jenkins said Conley had not been to work this weekend, at Florida Rock Industries, where he worked for more than 28 years.
Tenisha Cannon is still at large. Bryan, Cannon, and Blash are also wanted for questioning for a murder in New Haven, Connecticut and an attempted murder New York.
The motive for this crime remains unclear. The Broward Medical Examiner’s Office will perform an autopsy later today to determine the cause and manner of death. Anyone with information on this case is encouraged to call BSO Homicide Det. John Berrena at (954) 321-4210 or call Crime Stoppers, anonymously, at (954) 493-TIPS.
- INVESTIGATORS: Sgt. J. Carr, Sgt. B. O’Neil, Det. J. Berrena, and Det. T. Duggan and PIO Veda Coleman-Wright
- Photo of suspect - Photo of suspect