MOTORCYCLIST DIES IN COLLISION WITH SUV
- BSO Case Number: 02-1408-002282
- PIO Number: 14-8-18
- Date: August 22, 2014
- Time: 2:50 p.m.
- Place of Occurrence: near North Federal Highway and Old Griffin Road, Dania Beach
- Jurisdiction: Dania Beach
- Scott Allen, 56, male, Dania Beach (DECEASED)
- Maritza Duran, 46, female, 11/18/67, 3621 S.W. 21 Ct., Dania Beach
Description of Incident:
A motorcyclist died as a result of a traffic accident that took place Friday afternoon in Dania Beach. Broward Sheriff's Office Traffic Homicide detectives are investigating.
At 2:50 p.m. on August 22, Maritza Duran was driving a Honda CRV northbound on North Federal Highway in the designated turn lane preparing to turn westbound onto Old Griffin Road. Scott Allen was riding a Harley Ultra Classic motorcycle southbound on North Federal Highway approaching the intersection when the two vehicles collided.
Broward Sheriff’s Office Fire Rescue responded to the scene and transported Allen to Broward Health Medical Center where he was pronounced dead. Duran remained on scene and was not injured in the crash. BSO Traffic Homicide detectives are investigating the fatal accident.
- INVESTIGATORS: BSO THI Det. Kelliher and Det. Wiley
- THIS REPORT BY: Gina Carter PIO 8/23/14 1900
Posted At: 08/23/2014 06:36 PM
Translate This Page: