DEPUTIES SEARCH FOR MARKET SHOOTING SUSPECT
- BSO Case Number: PB12-10-0220
- PIO Number: 12-10-1A
- Date: 10/1/12
- Time: 5:50 p.m.
- Place of Occurrence: 15 Street Market, 500 N.W. 15 St., Pompano Beach
- Jurisdiction: Pompano Beach
- Luis Jordan, 23, male, 6/19/89, at large (DECEASED)
- Bernard Hamp, 36, male, 1/18/76, 781 NW 17 St., Pompano Beach
Description of Incident:
Broward Sheriff’s Office homicide investigators are searching for the suspect who killed a man following a dispute Monday outside a Pompano Beach market. They believe he’s armed and dangerous.
BSO Investigators searched for Bernard Hamp, 36, through the night and obtained a warrant for his arrest Tuesday. They believe he shot Luis Jordan, 23, Monday afternoon following a dispute in front of the 15 Street Market in Pompano Beach. He fled the scene in a grayish-blue, 1995 Chevy Cavalier with the Florida license tag #ANHB33. The suspect should be considered extremely dangerous.
BSO units were dispatched to the business at 500 N.W. 15 Street just before 6 p.m. Oct. 1, following reports of a shooting. The two men were arguing when Hamp chased Jordan and opened fire. Jordan was found dead in a field adjacent to a nearby strip mall. Pompano Beach Fire Rescue pronounced him dead at the scene.
Detectives are searching for the suspect and are asking anyone with information on his whereabouts to contact 954-765-4321 or Broward Crime Stoppers, anonymously, at 954-493-TIPS (8477). A reward of up to $1,000 is available for information leading to an arrest.
***MEDIA NOTE: A photo of the suspect is attached to this news release on our website www.sheriff.org.
- INVESTIGATORS: Det. Schroeder & Kogan, Sgt. Ellwood, CID Homicide; Pompano Beach
- THIS REPORT BY: Keyla Concepcion/PIO 10/2/12 1715