MAN DIES IN POMPANO BEACH MOTORCYCLE CRASH
- BSO Case Number: PB12-01-002239
- PIO Number: 12-01-6
- Date: 1/8/12
- Time: 11:25 p.m.
- Place of Occurrence: 500 Block S. Dixie Hwy., Pompano Beach
- Jurisdiction: Pompano Beach
- Peter Peco, 63, male, 04/30/48, 4246 Sea Grate Dr., Apt. 1, Lauderdale-by-the-Sea
Description of Incident:
A Lauderdale-by-the-Sea man died after losing control of his motorcycle and crashing Sunday night in Pompano Beach.
Peter Peco, 63, was riding his bike southbound on Dixie Highway at around 11:30 p.m. on January 8. As he approached the 500 block, he struck the curb on the west side of the road propelling him and the motorcycle into a palm tree. Pompano Beach Fire Rescue responded and transported Peco to North Broward Medical Center where he was pronounced dead.
BSO Traffic Homicide Detectives are investigating.
Anyone who witnessed the accident or has information about this incident should contact BSO Traffic Homicide Detectives at 954-321-4840 or Broward Crime Stoppers at 954-493-TIPS (8477).
- INVESTIGATORS: Dets. Wiley & Morales, THI; Pompano Beach; Pompano Beach Fire Rescue
- THIS REPORT BY: Keyla Concepción/PIO 1/9/12 1630
Posted At: 01/09/2012 04:28 PM
Translate This Page: