BSO IDENTIFIES HOME INVASION SUSPECTS
- BSO Case Number: OP02-04-4665
- PIO Number: 02-3-32
- Date: April 17, 2002
- Place of Occurrence: 581 NW 40th Ct., Oakland Park
- 1. Lisa Datiste, 26, 7/16/75, 581 NW 40th Ct., Oakland Park
- 2. Metel Datiste, 27, 8/24/74, 581 NW 40th Ct., Oakland Park
- 1. Ben Hardy Angrand, 19, 4/30/82, 1310 NE 115th St., Miami
- 2. Randy Omar Mackey, 19, 8/7/82, 109 NE 64th Terrace, Miami
Description of Incident:
Two home invasion suspects are held without bond in the Broward Sheriff's Office main jail after deputies quickly captured the pair following a mid-morning home invasion robbery in the Lloyd Estates area of Oakland Park.
Ben Hardy Angrand and Randy Omar Mackey, both 19 years old and both from Miami, are suspected of entering the home at 581 NW 40th Court around 10:00 am on Wednesday, April 17, 2002. Once inside, the pair reportedly threatened a female resident, 26-year old Lisa Datiste, with a handgun, used plastic handcuffs to restrain the woman, and demanded money. While this was happening, the woman’s 27-year old brother, Metel Datiste was in a nearby bedroom.
Ms. Datiste told investigators that she managed to hit the redial button on her cellular telephone, a move which dialed-up her boyfriend. The boyfriend, hearing the commotion on the other end of the phone, notified the Broward Sheriff's Office.
Nearby deputies heard the radio call from dispatch and were at the victims’ home almost immediately, surprising Angrand and Mackey as they walked out the front door of the victims’ home. Although ordered by deputies to halt, the suspects fled on foot into the residential area.
BSO established a perimeter immediately and both suspects were captured within nearly an hour. No one was injured, the stolen money was recovered, and BSO robbery detectives are continuing with their investigation.
Angrand and Mackey face charges of armed home invasion robbery and grand theft and both men have criminal records.
- INVESTIGATORS: Det. J. Donadio & Dep. D. Wallace
- THIS REPORT BY: Hugh Graf / PIO 4/17/02 5:00 pm