PASSENGER WHO SPRAYED BUS DRIVER ARRESTED BY BSO
Posted At: 08/22/2001 10:16 AM
- PIO Number: 01-8-27 Case Number: PB01-08-6360 (UPDATED)
- Date: August 21, 2001
- Time: 1635
- Place of Occurrence: 100 NW 7 Terrace Apt. #3, Pompano Beach
- Steve Cipriano, 44, 11/16/56, male, 11831 NW 39 Place, Sunrise
- Marvin Harp, 23, 2/15/78, male, 110 NW 7 Avenue Apt #8, Pompano Beach
Description of Incident:
After identifying an angry passenger who sprayed a bus driver in the face with pepper spray, Broward Sheriff's Office detectives took him into custody one week after the incident.
BSO detectives identified Marvin Harp after receiving an anonymous tip from Crime Stoppers, shortly after the surveillance tape of the incident was shown on television newscasts. Harp was located about 4:30 Tuesday afternoon and taken into custody at a friend’s apartment, located at 100 NW 7 Terrace in Pompano Beach.
During questioning, Harp admitted to detectives that he pepper sprayed Steve Cipriano in the face last Tuesday as he exited a Broward County Mass Transit bus shortly before 9 a.m. in the 800 block of Hammondville Road in Pompano Beach. Harp said he was upset that Cipriano was driving slow and caused him to miss work at his day labor job.
Harp has been booked into the Broward County jail and faces one count of battery on a public transit employee. He is being held on a $2,500 bond amount.
- INVESTIGATORS: Det. M. Copley, Dist. 11
- THIS REPORT BY: Veda Coleman-Wright/PIO
- Photo of Suspect - Marvin Harp
Translate This Page: