DISPUTE LEADS TO MARKET SHOOTING
- BSO Case Number: PB 12-10-0220
- PIO Number: 12-10-1
- Date: 10/1/12
- Time: 5:50 p.m.
- Place of Occurrence: 15 Street Market, 500 NW 15 Street, Pompano Beach
- Jurisdiction: Pompano Beach
- Luis Jordan, 23, male, 6/19/89, at large (DECEASED)
- Unidentified male
Description of Incident:
Broward Sheriff’s Office homicide investigators are searching for the suspect who killed a man following a dispute outside a Pompano Beach market.
BSO units were dispatched to the 15 Street Market at 500 NW 15 Street just before 6 p.m., following reports of shots fired. The victim, Luis Jordan, 23, was arguing with the suspect in front of the business when the suspect opened fire. Jordan was wounded but managed to run from the scene, collapsing in a field adjacent to a nearby strip mall. Pompano Beach Fire Rescue pronounced the victim dead at the scene.
Detectives are searching for the suspect and are asking anyone with information on his whereabouts to contact 954-765-4321 or Broward Crime Stoppers, anonymously, at 954-493-TIPS (8477). A reward of up to $1,000 is available for information leading to an arrest.
- INVESTIGATORS: Dets. Schroeder & Kogan, Sgt. Ellwood, CID Homicide; Pompano Beach
- THIS REPORT BY: Keyla Concepcion/PIO 10/2/12 1200