POMPANO BEACH MURDER SUSPECT TURNS HIMSELF IN
- BSO Case Number: PB06-05-6911 (update2)
- PIO Number: 06-5-55
- Date: Friday, May 19, 2006
- Time: 10:58 p.m.
- Place of Occurrence: 2732 NW 6th Street, Pompano Beach
- Willie Crite, male, 19, Pompano Beach (DECEASED)
- Kishawn Calvin Dowe, male, 24, 11/23/81, 230 NE 23rd Ct., Pompano Beach
Description of Incident:
Kishawn “Shawn” Dowe, a cold-blooded killer who shot and killed a man last week in Pompano Beach over slashed tires, turned himself in early Wednesday morning.
Dowe, accompanied by his girlfriend, surrendered at the Broward Sheriff's Office Main Jail on May 24th at approximately 5:30 a.m. In an effort to bring this to a peaceful end, BSO homicide detectives negotiated Dowe’s surrender through his attorney. Invoking his right to counsel, Dowe did not answer any questions from homicide detectives. He is being held without bond on one count of murder and three counts of aggravated assault with a firearm.
On May 19th, according to Broward Sheriff’s Office detectives, Dowe and 19-year-old Willie Crite argued. Later, just before 11:00 p.m., Dowe went to his Jeep and noticed that someone had slashed its tires.
Suspecting Crite as the culprit, Dowe grabbed two handguns from his Jeep and went looking for Crite. Dowe walked a few doors down and found Crite and two women and a man in front of 2732 NW 6th Street. Dowe screamed an obscenity at Crite, struck him on the head with one gun and shot him in the chest with the other. He then pointed the gun at the three other people and threatened to kill them. After killing Crite, Dowe just walked away.
- INVESTIGATORS: Homicide Dets. T. Duggan & R. Libman, CI
- THIS REPORT BY: Veda Coleman-Wright / PIO 5/24/06 1330
Posted At: 05/24/2006 02:13 PM
- Suspect Kishawn Dowe - Suspect Kishawn Dowe
Translate This Page: