TELEVISION THIEVES PERFORM FOR CAMERA BSO ASKS FOR HELP IDENTIFYING SUSPECTS
- BSO Case Number: PB01-12-00583
- PIO Number: 01-12-13
- Date: November 13, 2001 and December 1, 2001
- Place of Occurrence: 2421 N. Federal Highway, Pompano Beach
- Black male, 40-45 years old, approximately 5-foot-9, 200 pounds, wearing a green
- shirt, blue jeans and a cap.
- Black male, 40-50 years old, approximately 6-feet, 185 pounds, wearing a light
- Work shirt with a name patch, and dark pants.
Description of Incident:
Broward Sheriff's Office investigators are trying to identify two thieves with a penchant for televisions from K-Mart.
At about 8:00 the evening of November 13, 2001, the pair entered the K-Mart at 2421 N. Federal Highway in Pompano Beach through the front doors, and then boldly walked unchallenged into the shipping and receiving area where they removed the TV’s from a stock room. Detectives think the thieves then loaded the pilfered goods into a pickup truck, and made their getaway.
Videotape clearly shows the TV takers at work again on December 1, 2001, when they entered the same store in the same manner and attempted to steal again. This time, however, the pair ran away, leaving behind three televisions, when an audible alarm on the store’s back door sounded.
Investigators are asking for help identifying the television thieves. One of them is a black male, 40-45 years old, approximately 5-foot-9, 200 pounds, seen wearing a green shirt, blue jeans and a cap. The other is a black male, 40-50 years old, approximately 6-feet, 185 pounds, wearing a light work shirt with a name patch, and dark pants.
Anyone with information on these men should call Crime Stoppers at (954) 493-TIPS.
Attention media: Very clear videotape of the thieves at work is available at the Media Relations office M-F from 8:30am to 6:00pm for your brief news production.
- INVESTIGATORS: Det. D. Howell
- THIS REPORT BY: Hugh Graf/PIO 12/10/01 5:00pm
- TV THIEVES - From video of 12/1/01
Translate This Page: