- BSO Case Number: DR02-7-3598
- PIO Number: 02-7-23
- Date: July 18, 2002
- Time: 1238
- Place of Occurrence: 4200 Crystal Lake Drive, Apt. 112, Deerfield Beach
- Monica Gonzalez, 21, 8/17/80, female, 4200 Crystal Lake Drive, Apt. 112, Deerfield Beach (DECEASED)
- Ruyd [Reed] Fisher, 26, 9/20/75, male, 2003 Discovery Circle, Deerfield Beach (DECEASED)
Description of Incident:
A Deerfield Beach woman’s dream of becoming a television news reporter ended when her ex-husband shot and killed her before taking his own life on Thursday.
Broward Sheriff's Office Homicide detectives are investigating the apparent murder-suicide that occurred at 4200 Crystal Lake Drive in Deerfield Beach sometime between 9:30 a.m. and 12:30 p.m.
The victim’s mother, Melba Pineda, left the Deerfield Beach apartment about 9:30 Thursday morning. When Pineda returned home from work around 12:30 p.m., she discovered her daughter and ex-son-in-law deceased in the bedroom.
According to family members, Monica Gonzalez and Ruyd [Reed] Fisher have been divorced less than two months following their three-year marriage. Relatives had planned a party Friday for Gonzalez, who was murdered on the eve of her college graduation.
The Broward Medical Examiner’s office will perform autopsies to officially determine the cause of death, while BSO homicide detectives continue to investigate the circumstances surrounding the deaths.
- INVESTIGATORS: Sgt. J. Murray, CI and Dets. G. Bukata & R. Carmody, CI
- THIS REPORT BY: Veda Coleman-Wright/PIO
Posted At: 07/18/2002 05:35 PM
Translate This Page: