INDUSTRIAL ACCIDENT KILLS SOUTH FLORIDA MAN
- BSO Case Number: BS02-04-112
- PIO Number: 02-4-1
- Date: April 1, 2002
- Place of Occurrence: Ivy Steel & Wire, 1231 NE 48th St., Pompano Beach (Uninc. Broward)
- Forty-four year old south Florida man (Identification pending notification of NOK)
Description of Incident:
Broward Sheriff's Office homicide detectives are investigating the death of a 44-year old south Florida man, killed in an industrial accident in unincorporated Pompano Beach.
At about 7:50 the morning of Monday, April 01, 2002, the man was working at a machine at Ivy Steel and Wire, 1231 NE 48th Street. For a reason not yet known, wire entangled the victim, resulting in his death.
The victim had been employed by Ivy Steel and Wire since May of 1997. He leaves behind a wife, children, and grandchildren.
His name is being withheld pending notification of next of kin.
The Occupational Safety & Health Administration (OSHA) is also investigating the incident.
- INVESTIGATORS: Dets. E. Thomasevich & T. Duggan
- THIS REPORT BY: Hugh Graf / PIO 4/1/02 11:20 am
Translate This Page: