BRUTAL MURDER IN BROWARD
- BSO Case Number: BS01-11-6722
- PIO Number: 01-11-28
- Date: November 15, 2001
- Place of Occurrence: 341 NW 52nd Court in unicorporated Broward
- David Proctor, 49, 12/26/51, 341 NW 52nd Court
- Darren F. Harrison, 33, 1/10/68, 480 NW 45th St., Ft. Lauderdale
Description of Incident:
A 33-year old Fort Lauderdale man has confessed to using a large knife and an axe in a brutal and bloody murder that investigators believe stemmed from an argument over the powerful prescription pain killer, Oxycontin.
On Friday, November 16, 2001, Broward Sheriff's Office detectives charged Darren F. Harrison with the stabbing and slashing death of 49-year old David Proctor, who was allegedly selling Oxycontin to Harrison.
Proctor’s body was discovered Thursday, November 15, 2001 at approximately 1:45 in the afternoon after a business associate went to the victim’s home at 341 NW 52nd Ct. in unincorporated Broward.
Witnesses told Broward Sheriff's Office detectives that Harrison and Proctor had been arguing the afternoon of the 15th at the victim’s home around the time of the murder.
When investigators went to Harrison’s home at 480 NW 45th St. in Ft. Lauderdale the day after the murder, they found the suspect with injured and bandaged hands. Those injuries the result of his heinous crime the day before. Adding to the horrendous nature of this killing is the fact that the suspect’s 4-year old son witnessed the murder.
- THIS REPORT BY: Detectives F. Ilarraza/R. Libman/ G. Bukata/Sgt. R. O’Neil Hugh Graf/PIO 11/16/01 6:00pm
Translate This Page: