DETECTIVES INVESTIGATE HOMICIDE IN OAKLAND PARK
- BSO Case Number: 12-1406-00380
- PIO Number: 14-6-7
- Date: 6/4/14
- Time: 7:10 a.m.
- Place of Occurrence: 580 NW 41 St., Oakland Park
- Jurisdiction: Oakland Park
- Amaya Cruz, 17, female, 7/4/96, 580 NW 41 St., Oakland Park (DECEASED)
Description of Incident:
Broward Sheriff’s Office homicide detectives are investigating the suspicious death of a young woman found outside her home early Wednesday morning in Oakland Park.
BSO dispatch received a call just after 7 a.m. advising a female was in need of medical attention. When BSO deputies and Oakland Park Fire Rescue arrived at 580 NW 41 St., they found Amaya Cruz, 17, unresponsive. OPFR pronounced Cruz dead at the scene.
Cruz’s body was transported to the Medical Examiner’s Office for an autopsy. BSO Homicide and Crime Scene investigators responded to the scene and collected materials that could aid them in determining what lead to Cruz’s death.
Anyone with information is asked to contact BSO Detective Walter Foster at 954-321-4210. Anonymous tips can be called into Crime Stoppers at 954-493-TIPS (8477) or www.browardcrimestoppers.org. A reward of up to $3,000 is available for information leading to an arrest.
- INVESTIGATORS: Dets. Foster & Salazar, CID Homicide; OPFR; Crime Scene
- THIS REPORT BY: Keyla Concepción/PIO 6/4/14 1830
Posted At: 06/04/2014 06:10 PM
Translate This Page: