MAN KILLED IN SCOOTER CRASH
- BSO Case Number: 07-1407-001771
- PIO Number: 14-7-17
- Date: July 18, 2014
- Time: 8:27 p.m.
- Place of Occurrence: 7000 block of Northwest 70 Avenue, Tamarac
- Jurisdiction: Tamarac
- Billy Parker, male, 58, 11/18/55, Tamarac (DECEASED)
Description of Incident:
Broward Sheriff’s Office traffic homicide detectives are investigating a fatal, single-vehicle crash Friday night involving a motor scooter.
Just before 8:30 p.m., 58-year-old Billy Parker was driving a 2012 blue Taizhou scooter northbound on Northwest 70 Avenue approaching Northwest 70 Street in Tamarac when the scooter struck the center median. Parker, who was not wearing a helmet, was badly injured. Tamarac Fire Rescue responded to scene and pronounced him dead.
Investigators do not believe there were any other vehicles involved in the crash. Anyone with information about this crash is asked to call Det. Anthony Morales at (954) 321-4840 or report anonymous tips to Crime Stoppers of Broward County at (954) 493-TIPS (8477) or online at www.browardcrimestoppers.org. Crime Stoppers will pay up to $3,000 for information that leads to an arrest.
- INVESTIGATORS: THI Det. Morales, Sgt. Michael, Lt. Akers; Tamarac FR
- THIS REPORT BY: Dani Moschella/PIO 7/19/14 1130
Posted At: 07/19/2014 11:22 AM
Translate This Page: