MAN FATALLY SHOT IN HIS CAR
BSO SEARCHING FOR KILLER
- BSO Case Number: 90-1312-000066
- PIO Number: 13-12-3
- Date: December 1, 2013
- Time: 8:46 p.m.
- Place of Occurrence: 2800 block of Northwest 4 Street, unincorporated Fort Lauderdale
- Jurisdiction: Central Broward
- Johnny Ross, male, 1/26/68, 45, (DECEASED)
- unidentified person
Description of Incident:
Broward Sheriff's Office deputies responding to a report of a traffic crash with injuries Sunday night instead found a 45-year-old man with multiple gunshot wounds on the ground near his SUV.
Homicide detectives believe Johnny Ross was shot in his 2006 Ford Expedition and drove to the 2800 block of Northwest 4 Street, where his vehicle hit a tree. Deputies received the call at 8:46 p.m. Broward Sheriff Fire Rescue transported him to Broward Health Medical Center, where he was pronounced dead a short time later.
Anyone with information is asked to report it to BSO Homicide Detective Kevin Forsberg at 954-321-4210 or report anonymous tips to Broward County Crime Stoppers at 954-493-TIPS (8477) or to www.browardcrimestoppers.org online. Crime Stoppers will pay up to $3,000 for information that leads to an arrest.
- INVESTIGATORS: Homicide Det. Forsberg, Sgt. Champagne, CID; BSFR, Crime Scene
- THIS REPORT BY: Dani Moschella/PIO 12/2/13 1715
Translate This Page: