DETECTIVES IDENTIFY WOMAN KILLED IN OAKLAND PARK APARTMENT
- BSO Case Number: 12-1406-00280
- PIO Number: 14-6-5
- Date: June 3, 2014
- Time: 3:29 a.m.
- Place of Occurrence: 2800 N.W. 44 St., Apt. 111, Oakland Park
- Jurisdiction: Oakland Park
- Nicole Franco, age 19, 9/10/94, 2800 N.W. 44 St., Apt. 111, Oakland Park (DECEASED)
Description of Incident:
Broward Sheriff’s Office homicide detectives have identified the woman killed early Tuesday in her Oakland Park apartment as 19-year-old Nicole Franco. Detectives are investigating the death as a homicide and are asking the public for tips about what may have happened to the young woman. Crime Stoppers of Broward County will pay up to $3,000 for an anonymous tip that leads to an arrest.
At 3:29 a.m. June 3, BSO received a 9-1-1 call from the victim indicating a burglary in progress. Franco gave the address to her Oakland Park apartment complex, but no apartment number. So responding deputies canvassed Bridgewater Place, going from door to door, looking for evidence of a crime.
They found an open sliding glass door to a first-floor apartment. They called out for the residents but got no response. When they searched the apartment, they found Franco’s body inside. Anyone with information can call Det. Kevin Forsberg at (954) 321-4210 or report anonymous tips to Crime Stoppers of Broward County at (954) 493-TIPS (8477) or online at www.browardcrimestoppers.org.
- INVESTIGATORS: Homicide Det. Forsberg, Sgt. Champagne, CID
- THIS REPORT BY: Dani Moschella/PIO 6/4/14 1630
Translate This Page: