TEEN GRAZED BY BULLET WALKING TOWARD BUS STOP
- BSO Case Number: 19-1311-00009
- PIO Number: 13-11-2
- Date: 11/1/2013
- Time: 6:39 a.m.
- Place of Occurrence: Southwest 52 Avenue, just south of Hallandale Beach Blvd., Pembroke Park
- Jurisdiction: Pembroke Park
- Makeda Elliott, 17, female, Pembroke Park
Description of Incident:
A group of teens beginning to gather at a school bus stop were met by gunfire Friday morning in Pembroke Park.
About a dozen teens scrambled as they heard the shots fired just after 6:30 a.m. Makeda Elliott, 17, was walking toward the bus stop when she was grazed in the neck by a bullet. She called her dad to notify him of the incident and her father transported her to Jackson North Medical Center in Dade County. Elliott was then taken to Ryder Trauma Center where she was treated and released.
The shooting happened on Southwest 52 Avenue, south of Hallandale Beach Boulevard and just past Watkins Elementary School. Luckily the elementary school had not yet opened for the school day at the time of the incident.
No one else was injured.
Broward Sheriff’s Office Violent Crimes and Crime Scene detectives are investigating.
Anyone who was in the area or has any information about the shooting is asked to contact BSO Violent Crimes Detective Timothy Metz at 954-321-4224 or Broward Crime Stoppers, anonymously, at 954-493-TIPS (8477). A reward of up to $3,000 is available for information leading to an arrest.
- INVESTIGATORS: Dets. Metz & Torres, VCU CID; Crime Scene; Pembroke Park
- THIS REPORT BY: Keyla Concepción/PIO 11/1/13 1635