BSO CHARGES MAN WITH ATTEMPTED MURDER
- BSO Case Number: PB02-08-06687
- PIO Number: 02-8-31
- Date: August 16, 2002
- Place of Occurrence: 616 NW 6th Street, Pompano Beach, FL
- Joseph Robinson, 68, 6/20/34, 701 NW 10th Street, Pompano Beach, FL
- Cedric Ward, 23, 10/19/78, 1499 NW 6th Street, Pompano Beach, FL
Description of Incident:
A 23-year old Pompano Beach man is in the Broward Sheriff’s Office jail, charged with attempted first-degree murder and armed robbery after he robbed and shot a man last night in Pompano Beach.
At about 8:30 p.m. on Friday, August 16, 2002, according to Broward Sheriff's Office Robbery detectives, Cedric Ward entered Philo’s Candy Store at 616 NW 6th Street. Wearing a ski mask and armed with a nine-millimeter handgun, Ward robbed the business of an undetermined amount of money, and shot a 68-year old store employee,
Ward then fled on foot, pulling up his ski mask enough that a witness was able to help investigators identify him as the gunman. Detectives canvassed the area and arrested Ward at his home at 1499 NW 6th Street in Pompano Beach at about 11:30 that same evening.
Mr. Robinson, of 701 NW 10th Street in Pompano Beach, was rushed to North Broward Medical Center with three gunshot wounds. Following surgery, Mr. Robinson was listed in critical but stable condition.
Broward Sheriff's Office detectives are continuing with their investigation into this crime.
- INVESTIGATORS: Sgt. J. Ulvang & L. Crew, CI D-11 / Pompano Beach THIS REPORT BY Hugh Graf / PIO 8/17/02 1:00 p.m.
- Cedric Ward - Cedric Ward