UPDATE. BARRICADED MAN KILLS TWO AND HIMSELF
- BSO Case Number: DR12-02-01416
- PIO Number: 12-2-4A (update)
- Date: February 9, 2012
- Time: 6:20 p.m.
- Place of Occurrence: Highland Woods RV Park, 900 N.E. 48th St., Deerfield Beach
- Jurisdiction: Deerfield Beach
- Ovila Plante, 76, 8/18/35, male, 349 Rue Lamontagne, La Tuque, Quebec, Canada (DECEASED)
- Jeshiah De Jesus, 9, 12/28/02, male, 509 Newton Rd., Port Orange, FL (DECEASED)
- Samson De Jesus, 7, 6/20/04, male, “ “ (HOSPITALIZED)
- Deanna De Jesus, 37, 5/21/74, female, “ “ (HOSPITALIZED)
- Pierrette Beauchemin, 70s, female, Quebec, Canada
- Willam De Jesus, 41, 12/23/70, male, 509 Newton Rd., Port Orange, FL (DECEASED)
Description of Incident:
Three people are dead, including a nine-year-old boy, and another child and his mother are hospitalized following a bizarre encounter at a Deerfield Beach campground Thursday night.
At around 6:20 pm Thursday (2/9/12), the suspect, William De Jesus, 41, drove his red Mustang into the Highland Woods RV Park. With him in the car were his wife, Deanna, and their two children, Jeshiah and Samson. De Jesus stopped his car at Lot 61 and approached the 35-foot motor home parked there. De Jesus and his family exited their car and he approached the motor home. The RV’s occupant, Ovila Plante, 76, approached De Jesus, who started yelling. Plante pushed De Jesus away and De Jesus pulled out a revolver and shot Plante in the chest. Plante fell to the pavement and De Jesus approached him and executed him with another gunshot to the head. De Jesus then led his family into the motor home, still occupied by Plante’s girlfriend, Pierrette Beauchemin. A short time later, Beauchemin managed to flee the RV and ran to deputies outside. De Jesus spoke to law enforcement by telephone early on in the ordeal, but then stopped communicating as a stand-off with the BSO SWAT team lasted for hours.
At about 12:30 am the SWAT team entered the RV, finding De Jesus dead, nine-year-old Jeshiah dead, and seven-year-old Samson and mother Deanna, seriously wounded. BSO Homicide detectives have determined that De Jesus first stabbed his sons with a knife from the camper’s kitchen, then stabbed his wife and himself.
Samson and Deanna both remain hospitalized in serious condition.
- THIS REPORT BY: Det. V. Perez, Sgt. F. Feeley, Capt. R. Schnakenberg Jim Leljedal / PIO 2/10/12 1315
Translate This Page: